Architecture is the enabling power for successful digital transformation. There are many merits in current enterprise architecture practices. However, we need to set a balance between the full top-down approach and the full bottom-up approach in enterprise transformation dynamics, and establish some new, radical principles for the enterprise architecture practices.
In addition to the already well established agile manifesto, Manifesto for Digital Enablement Framework would like to highlight the following principles:
- Simplicity over elaborate architectures
- Platform Concierge over Design authority
- Empathy and Observation over requirements
- Continuous transformation over phased change
- Automation over manual architecting