Networks need to become platforms and for horizontal architectures to replace silos
• Horizontal architectures + open interfaces need to replace silos
• Telco operations need to transform
• Technology transformations are often the corners of the puzzle
• NFV = vendor and hardware agnostic
• Can large scale NFV deployments happen today?
• Operators need new licensing models for network software
The migration to cloud needs to start, but it is not clear which services will be successful. But platform strategy needs to take place soon.
The NFV value chain is in flux, and the challenges are internal.
Telcos need to tackle internal transformation; technology is merely the corner piece of the puzzle.